Functions of AJK Power Development Organization (AJK PDO)
- Identifying and ranking of Potential hydropower sites in AJK.
- Preparation of Feasibility Study Reports and implementation plans for project sites approved
- The development and use of water resources to generate and transmit power.
- The construction, maintenance and operations of power houses, grids, micro-grids and transmission lines connected with the power houses.
- Assistance and facilitation to the Government and IPPs on all matters regarding joint ventures in the private sector.
Functions of AJK Private Power Cell (AJK PPC)
- Provide one-window facility for implementation of power projects Upto 50 MW capacity in Private Sector.
- Evaluation /Prequalification of bids of sponsors.
- Issuance of Letters of Intent (LOIs) and Letters of Support (LOSs).
- Coordination and Monitoring of feasibility studies.
- Coordination and execution of Implementation Agreement (IA), Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), Water Use Agreement (WUA), Land Lease Agreements & Direct Agreements of IA&WUA.
- For projects above 50 MW in AJK, PPC is the main driver and catalyst for marketing and coordinating with Private Power and Infrastructure Board (PPIB), GoP Islamabad and negotiating/signing Security Documents with the IPPs.