FUNCTIONAL UNITS :
- Power Development Organization (PDO)
- PRIVATE POWER CELL (PPC)
POWER DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION DIVISION & THEIR FUNCTIONS :
- Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
- Operation & Maintenance (O&M)
- Electro-Mechanical (E&M)
- Deals with administrative affairs of PDO.
- Liaison/coordination with other National / International Organizations/Contractors/Consultants & other agencies regarding hydel project affairs.
- Implementation of policies as per rules/decisions of competent authority.
- Formulation of rules/procedures & monitoring of cases/suites files in various courts of law.
- Estate management & Employment Assessment.
PLANNING / MONITORING & EVALUATION:
- Project planning including preparation of activity schedules, cost estimation & cash transaction Plans.
- Preparation of PC-I, PC-II, PC-III, PC-IV & PC-V.
- Preparation of Annual Development Budget alongwith releases of funds from concerned.
- Preparation of Annual Plan of Operation (APOs) & obtaining approval from competent Authorities accordingly.
- Monitoring & Evaluation of development activities regarding Public sector hydropower project.
- Evaluation of Technical/ Financial Proposals for procurement of Consultancy Services regarding feasibility study, engineering design, preparation of tender documents.
- Preparation of weekly, quarterly & monthly Progress review reports.
OPERATION & MAINTENANCE/ ELECTRO-MECHANICAL:
- Preparation of daily, monthly and annual operation & maintenance reports of Hydro Power Plants.
- Preparation / development of rehabilitation plans for maintenance / major over hauling of plants.
- Inventory control of Spare Parts, Tools & Plants for operating power stations.
- Fault rectification/Trouble shooting of control, protective and monitoring systems of Power Stations, 33 KV Sub- Station and 132 KV Grid Station including Testing & Commissioning of Protective Relays, Power Transformers, Switchgears etc.
- Preventive & forced maintenance of all Power Stations & Transmission Line.
- Procurement of spare parts & allied equipment of Transmission line & Power Stations.
- Erection, testing/ commissioning activities.
- To ensure uniform integrity of the financial data across the entire organization & defines rules and standards when dealing with financial information.
- To track all revenue & expenditures.
- Preparation of budget.
- Pre-audit of Contractor, firms & contingent bills.
- Maintenance of double entry cash book & all types of account statements.
- Compilation of monthly accounts & preparation of financial statement.
- Correspondence with different banks, Contractors/firms.
- Design layout plan of different hydro power projects.
- Design of drawings of civil works as per Project Site requirement.
- Allotment of Civil Works to the Contractors.
- Supervision of all civil works
PRIVATE POWER CELL :
The Azad Jammu & Kashmir Private Power Cell Muzaffarabad (AJKPPC) was Established in 1996 to facilitate private sector participation for Hydel Power Generation in Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
- AJKPPC provides a "One-Window" support to Private Sector investors in matters concerning development of Hydro Power Projects and related infrastructure.These matters include negotiation of the Implementation Agreement (IA).
- AJKPPC also provides support to the power purchaser and fuel supplier while negotiating the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), other related agreements, and liaison with the concerned local and international agencies for facilitating and expediting progress of private sector power projects.
- AJKPPC is working to attract and facilitate FDI in Kashmir power sector. A number of foreign investors have expressed interest in setting up power generation projects that would exploit our indigenous resources including hydel. Their proposals have been evaluated and the prospective investors facilitated and encouraged to come up with power projects focusing on maximum utilization of available local resources.
- The broader parameters of the procedure and criteria to be adopted for registration, financial pre-qualification, evaluation of proposal and issuance of Letters of Interest have been simplified as compared to those laid down in "Policy for Power generation Projects year-2002".
- AJK PDO / Private Power Cell shall process the applications for registration and project proposals in accordance with the GoAJK Policy for Power Generation Projects. Each step of the procedure is explained as under:
- Registration of firms / companies shall be carried out in response to the specific requests to the effect. While doing so, it would be assumed that the firms /companies have been established in accordance with the prevailing laws and regulations.
- Financial pre-qualification documents on prescribed formats to established the financial credibility of the investors for the project proposal shall be submitted to Private Power Cell (PPC) of Power Development Organization.
- The evaluation of financial pre-qualification documents shall be carried out in accordance with the laid out criteria.
- The investors projects developers shall be informed of their status as soon as the evaluation is complete.
- For raw sites, the investors shall be issued an LOI against a bank guarantee to enable them to conduct a bankable feasibility study report.
- For sites with feasibility studies already completed, the investors would be invited to submit bids for an acceptable tariff, which would be the sole criteria of eligibility for project development.
- For raw sites, the project investors would be entitled to exercise their right of refusal during negotiations for a mutually acceptable tarrif. In such case, the cost of feasibility studies shall be reimbursed to the investors.
- In both the above cases, after the signing of Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), a Letter of Support (LOS) shall be issued against performance guarantee by PPC to the investor for achieving financial close for project implementation.
- All security documents, such as implementation Agreement (IA) and Water Use License (WUL) shall be negotiated and agreed before the financial close is achieved.
OBJECTIVES & POLICIES :
In the face of rising energy crisis and escalating cost of fossil fuels, alternate energy resources are being explored as a national objective. Being inherently deficient in fossil fuels& in view of fast depleting natural gas reserves, Pakistan has to rely heavily on expensive fuel imports to support its thermal generation plans. But with the escalating cost of imported fuels & international concern on carbon emission, it has become ever more necessary to explore alternate sources of energy within the country to reduce dependence on imported fuel & ensure energy supply to maintain industrial & socio-economic growth.